How do I report a review from TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor will remove a bad review if it violates their guidelines. In their terms, if you think a review is “fraudulent or otherwise improper,” you can report it.
You can report reviews for:
• Profane or vulgar language. The reviewer cannot make threats or personal insults. Any mention of the reviewer participating in illegal or illicit activities will be removed
• Intolerant language (contains politics, religion, race, and sexual orientation)
• Inappropriate information (such as the wrong business or when people try to ask questions to other travelers or the owner)
• Bias or blackmail (if someone threatens a bad review to get something for free)
• Stays older than a year old. Reviews must be from within a year of a guest’s stay
• Secondhand information, Rumors (other guest said…, I didn’t stay here, but my friend did. etc…
If you believe a review violate Tripadvisor guidelines you can report it to TripAdvisor directly by going to your Reviews page:
• Select the review in question and then Report a Problem.
• Choose the reason why you’re reporting the review in the drop-down menu.
Supply additional information in the text box
• Select Submit. Your information will then be checked by our Reviews team.
TIPS- The more click on the “Report” button registered about a review, the sooner a TripAdvisor looks at it.
As Hotel owner or GM
In order to report a review, go to your Business Management Center. Under the reviews tab, click Report a Review. Fill out the form providing all the information you have about why the review should be taken down. This can take anywhere from hours to weeks for TripAdvisor to review.
Tripadvisor Guidelines for traveler reviews >>